Rockford-Belvidere Postcards

Rockford-Belvidere Illinois

Liebling Building (a.k.a. Jackson Piano Building) constructed in 1930, Rockford historic landmark since 1997, Original Architect Edward Levin, Original Builder Max Liebling

330nmainCMYK

State Street bridge over Rock River with West downtown skyline

downtownskylineCMYK

Hutchin’s Block (a.k.a. Lawson’s Art Shop)

508514estateCMYK

National Guard Armory constructed in 1936, Rockford Historic Landmark since 2000, Original Architect Charles Bradley, Original Builder Sjostrom and Sons, Inc.

605nmainCMYK

Rockford Park District Administrative Offices, originally WPA constructed USPS and Federal Courthouse constructed in 1932, Original Architect Peterson and Johnson, Original Builders J. Largura and Co.

401-S.-Main-Street

Originally Rockford Illustrating Company constructed in 1918, home of 317 Market Street Gallery establishing the original Rockford Art Scene by artist, building owner/developer Deborah Newton

317marketCMYK

Originally American Insurance Co. constructed in 1904 (Architect Fredrick Headley) with additions in 1923 (Architect Jesse Barloga) and 1950 (Architect Gilbert Johnson)

304nmainCMYK

Daffodil Cottage – one time home of Rockford’s 1st Mayor constructed in 1843 within Rockford Haight Village Historic District

228ssecondCMYK

Young Mens Christian Association constructed in 1888-89, Architect Robert Rae

220estateCMYK

 

Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall, the United States original war memorial building constructed in 1902 and dedicated by then President Theodore Roosevelt, National Register of Historic places since 1976, Architect Charles Bradley/Frank Carpenter, Original Builder W.B.Cook

211nmainCMYK

Rockford Register Gazette tower originally constructed in 1931-32, Architect Jesse Barloga

99estate

The Palm Building originally constructed in 1909, Architect Peterson and Johnson

7th-Street

Apollo Theater originally constructed in 1921, Original Architect C.W. Bradley, Original Builder Fred Dixon and Edward B. Glass

apollo-theater-architect

 

Coronado Theater (now incorporates Liebling building for stage and back stage) originally constructed in 1927, Original Architects Frederick Klein – Theater/facility and Edward Paul Lewin – Owner/manager deco apartment, Original Builder Holm-Page, State of Illinois Register of Historic Places since 1979, National Register of Historic places since 1979, Rockford Historic landmark since 1980

archictecture-sketch-bw

Rockford-Belvidere Postcards